The Sierra Leone
Premier League Board (SLPLB) wishes to inform the general public and
fervent followers of the ongoing Sierra Leone Premier League that, in a
way of ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the ongoing 2018-2019
League season, the Disciplinary and Protest Committee in accordance
with the premier league rules and regulations have completed
investigations on official complaints/reports received from previous
league matches from across the country.
After thorough investigations and with evidences available, the committee was able to arrive at the following decisions from the respective matches as stipulated in the reports below:
Bo Rangers Vs Freetown City – 17th March, 2019
The Match Officials reported the host failed to provide inadequate security.
After a thorough check of the match Officials’ reports and other footages regarding the incidents which are in violation of the rules and regulations of the Premier League:
1. The game is forfeited by the host team, Bo Rangers and three points and 3 goals awarded to Freetown City FC.
2. A fine of Le5 million has been imposed on Bo Rangers for failing to provide adequate security leading to the various incidents during the match.
3. A sanction against Bo Rangers to play their next two consecutive home games at the Siaka Stevens Stadium in Freetown, and Bo Rangers will forfeit the gate proceeds.
The Disciplinary Committee continues to investigate the incidents which occured at the match and from which the findings will be released. A formal complaint from Freetown City has been received.
Furthermore, the committee insists that, all clubs should ensure that only officials whose roles are pertinent during the course of the match (coaches, medics, physics) are permitted to be at the technical bench/area. Any club that fails to adhere to this directive will be sanctioned.
Diamond Stars Versus East End Tigers – On 16th March in Koidu
Match interrupted at various stages due to crowd trouble, Match officials besieged at the stadium for several hours after the match.
1. A fine of Le5 million has been imposed on Diamond Stars for failing to provide adequate security leading to various incidents at the match.
2. A sanction against Diamond Stars to play their next two consecutive home games at the Siaka StevensStadium in Freetown and they will forfeit the gate proceeds.
*The Disciplinary Committee continues to investigate the incidents which occured at match and from which the findings will be released*
The Premier League Board is also assuring football fans of its total commitment towards ensuring a violence-free Premier League.
*© PLB Media*