By Eugene Dez.Wray
Hajj Committee Case.
Justice Reginald Fynn of the high court of Sierra Leone.
- Calvin Tichaona Mantsebo representing Yada Williams.
- Bundu Conteh representing Minkailu Mansaray and Sheka Sahid Kamara.
- M. Ngavao representing Victor Bockarie Foh (Former Vice President of Sierra Leone)
- Lansana Dumbuya representing Ibrahim Fakai Conteh and Abubakarr Carew.
Conspiracy to commit corruption offense contrary to section 128 (1) of the ACC Act.
- Sheka Sahid Kamara – former special assistant to the Sierra Leone pilgrims and former Secretary to the Hajj committee.
- Minkailu Mansaray – former minister of mines and marine resources and chairman of 2017 hajj committee.
- Mohamed Alieu Bah – former minister of state of the office of the vice president of Sierra Leone and member of the hajj committee.
- Abubakarr Carew former permanent sectary social welfare and member of the hajj committee.
When the judge gave out his ruling today 22nd August 2018 at the high court of Sierra Leone he adjourned the matter to September 26 2018.
He advised the accused and their lawyers to be well prepared and bring along their evidence and proof’s when coming to argued the matter on the next sittings.
Jonathan Michael Jenkins
Statement of offence.
- Jonathan Michael Jenkins Lieutenant Commender of the Sierra Leone Armed forces collected the sum of One Million Leones from Sheku Kamara on the 7th day of October 2016 at Cotor Wharf at Port Loko District.
- Mr Jonathan Michael Jenkins abused his office for the sale of petrol and diesel at Cotor Wharf at Port Loko District.
- Soliciting and advantages contrary to section 28 (2) if the ACC Act No 12 of 2018.
Particular of Offence.
* Jonathan Michael Jenkins a lieutenant Commender of the Sierra Leone Armed forces operations base (FOB) with head quarters at Bailor, port loko district in the northern province of Sierra Leone, on the 27 day of October 2016 at kotimow wharf in port loko district aforesaid, solicited an advantages to wit the the sum of one million leones from Sheku Kamara the owner of the boat sayenoh.
The Abused of Office.
27 October 2016 and 31 December 2016 at bailor, Mr Jonathan Michael Jenkins abused his offices as officer in charged to wit: improperly conferred advantages.
The case has been adjourned to September 20- 2018.
Bail Requirements two (2) million and one (1) Shorty a citizen of Sierra Leone.